At the heart of our joy and work are the times that we, as a community, come together in sacred communion.
We welcome people of all ages, orientations, gender identities, races, ethnicities, abilities, and differences. It is a holy moment for us when the priest begins the Eucharist with the invitation, “No matter where you find yourself on your journey of faith, know that you are welcome here at God’s table. ”
We have three Sunday services, at 8:00, 9:00 and 11:00 a.m. Education for Children and Adults takes place from 10:00 to 11:00 or 11:15 a.m. To view a schedule displaying upcoming services along with other church activities, please refer to our church calendar. We also encourage you to review our online worship resources here.
Free childcare is available on Sundays for children 0 – 4 years old, from 8:45am – 12:15pm.
Holy Eucharist with Sermon
The 8:00 a.m. service is the smallest of our worship services and the quietest. A simple, spoken service (no music) using the beautiful gender-inclusive language found in the New Zealand prayer book, it’s a lovely time to revel in the morning sun as it shines through our East facing stained glass windows and think about where God fits in your life.
Holy Eucharist Rite II with Music and Sermon
Our 9:00 a.m. is the largest of our Sunday morning worship experiences. At a little bit past 9 o’clock our sanctuary is bustling with people in all sorts of familial configurations and ages. This service is popular with families as it comes before church school. It is currently nearly identical to the 11:00 in form but has been shortened by removing one of the Scripture readings. Although we have some moments for quiet prayer and contemplation, overall this service is dynamic, energetic and engaging. Expect to laugh, don’t be surprised if you cry, but mostly you’ll be invited to figure out where God is in your life and you’ll be challenged to use the gifts that God has given you to make a difference. At All Saints’ we are completely convinced that God is calling each and every one of us to make our families, our community and our world a better place.
Our music is created by our Associate for Music, our volunteer choir and other musicians from throughout our congregation and community. We routinely make use of drums, flutes, guitar, mandolin, piano and organ.
Holy Eucharist Rite II with Music and Sermon
If Goldie Locks and the Three Bears had anything to do with this service–they would no doubt declare it to be “just right.” It is more intimate than our 9:00 worship service yet more dynamic than our 8:00 service. The 11:00 service has fewer children but remains child-friendly. This congregation enjoys the quieter atmosphere, but also simply likes getting up a little later in the morning! Our volunteer choir and Director of Music makes wonderful use of flutes, piano, organ, guitar and drums. We’ve added some special music and carved out more time for quiet contemplation and reflection in this worship experience.
Date and Time: Every Monday – Friday morning, 8:30 AM – 9:00 AM
Where: Zoom Meeting, https://zoom.us/j/82841369367
Weekday Morning Prayer
Join us for Morning Prayer to start your day among community in prayer.
Join the Zoom meeting from 8:30 to 9am each weekday morning. On Zoom, we will be able to see each other during our prayer, it gives others the opportunity to read the lessons, and allows our prayer requests to be said aloud for others to hear. After each service, time will be offered to stick around for fellowship and conversation.
This booklet contains gender-expansive and inclusive language from supplemental texts, like EOW, which are authorized for use in the Episcopal Church.
Tuesday Community Eucharist
Location: All Saints’ Episcopal Church, 4550 N. Hermitage
Date and Time: Tuesdays, 4:00 PM
Our service on Tuesday night meets the needs of many of our neighbors and volunteers who come together over the Community Kitchen we hold every Tuesday in connection with Ravenswood Community Services. It is primarily a spoken service but has included some music around the Eucharist in the past.
Location: The Breakers, 5333 N Sheridan Road
Date and Time: Sundays at 2:00PM
In December 2016, All Saints’ members began offering a prayer service at The Breakers, a senior lifestyle center at Edgewater Beach (5333 N Sheridan Road). This brief service, held every Sunday at 2:00pm, is drawn from the Evening Prayer liturgy in the Book of Common Prayer. Members of All Saints’, residents of The Breakers, and any friends and neighbors are welcome to attend. Stop by The Breakers, where parking is free (for 2 hours), the coffee is hot, and the folks are friendly!
Guidelines for In-Person Services
We have opened our doors for in-person worship at 8, 9, and 11 am, using guidelines issued by our diocese. The purpose of the guidelines is to keep parishioners, staff, and guests safe and healthy as we enter a new phase of the COVID-19 pandemic.
To help us do this, please note the following:
- Pre-registration is not required for in-person worship, and there are no longer capacity limits in place.
- The northwest quadrant of the sanctuary is reserved for those who prefer to maintain physical distance. These pews still have pictures placed on them to denote where to sit and where not to sit. Ushers will be happy to direct you to one of the seats in this area if desired.
- Masks are required at all services, even if you are fully vaccinated.
- Congregational singing will resume at the 9:00 and 11:00 services, and we look forward to singing together again. The 8:00 am service will remain, as is our practice, a spoken service.
- No one should feel obligated to pass the Peace by shaking hands. The recent practice of passing the Peace with a bow, hand wave, or a “peace sign” is entirely acceptable.
- For the time being, we will continue to have only bread in the form of wafers for communion and no consecrated wine.
- The collection plate will not be passed in the pews or brought to the altar. Please place contributions in the collection plates located at the entrance or rear of the church.
- Restrooms are available down the southwest hallway. Follow the signs.
- Childcare is available in the nursery. Children over the age of 2 need to wear a mask.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are available in several convenient locations.
Please take a moment to review our Online Worship Resource page.